4 Days Complimentary Photography Included
Mon–Sun 7am–9pm ET
Sea Kayaking, River Kayaking
Cumberland Island National Seashore, Amelia Island, Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, Talbot Island State Park
Paddlers could expect wind and current
WITH ANY QUESTIONS
- 4-Day Amelia Island, Flordia based kayak retreat.
- Saltwater tidal marshes, ocean sounds & maritime forests
- Intimate nature and wildlife experiences
- Yoga scheduled & set in various locations
- Daily healthy, delicious lunches with fresh, local ingredients
- All kayaking equipment included: kayaks, lifejackets, paddles and dry bag
- Additionally try your hand at surfing, cycling, beach combing, hiking, shark tooth hunting, or just relaxing on the beach
- Daily retreat expeditions are fully planned, curated, and executed to deliver you a world class kayak experience
A barrier island set on the Atlantic Ocean, Amelia Island is home to some of the most unique paddling experiences in the world! Replete with saltwater tidal marshes and maritime forests, Amelia is also the perfect home base for your five day Kayak Retreat Adventure that includes destinations to Cumberland Island National Seashore, Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, Silver Springs, and many more.
The proficient guides at Amelia Adventures take care of all your adventure logistics by tracking tide, current, and weather forecasts to ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience on the water. Each day begins with a yoga class, set in various locations around the island, to realign and balance your body and mental awareness before your day of paddling.
Amelia Adventures provides daily healthy, delicious lunches to all participants, some cooked on site using local fish and fresh farm grown fruits and vegetables. For dinner, participants are encouraged to check out Amelia Island’s eating scene that includes some of the top restaurants in the U.S.
We provide all kayaking equipment including a kayak, personal flotation device, Werner paddle and dry bag. Guests are welcome to bring their own kayak and equipment, if desired. Whether you’re paddling in the blackwater of Lofton Creek or the crystalline springs of Ichetucknee, the nature and wildlife provides extraordinary photo opportunities for our guests. We encourage our guests to bring cameras and binoculars, and complimentary photos of our participants are provided, as well.
In addition, guests are encouraged to try their hands at surfing, cycling, beach combing, hiking, shark tooth hunting, or just relaxing on the beach. If history is your thing, you’ll want to spend some time in the downtown historic district of Fernandina Beach, the birthplace of the modern shrimping industry. And while you’re there, check out Amelia Island’s numerous galleries, museums, and local businesses.
For your complete 4-Day Kayak Retreat Adventure schedule, pricing, transportation and lodging suggestions call 904-500-8687.
Kayak retreat Itinerary
- Daily planning for weather and tidal currents to ensure an epic paddle experience.
- Lunch is provided.
- Complete guide support on all logistics starting before your arrival on Amelia Island. We are here to help.
Meet up and orientation at Amelia Adventures’ outpost. We meet and go over the week ahead, taking time to get to know the life experience you bring to the team and learn your personal goals for our time together.
Coastal Estuary expedition including Fort Clinch State Park, Amelia Island Lighthouse, the Amelia River and Tiger Island.
Cumberland Island Expedition. Explore the Cumberland Island National Seashore. The national park is on a remote Island with wild horses, abundant wildlife, and miles of pristine coastline.
Talbot Island Exploration. The Talbot Island State Park is home to both Big and Little Talbot Islands. Here we explore tidal marsh, ocean sound, and driftwood beaches.
Okefenokee Kayak Expedition. Protected from coastal weather the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge is a pristine ecosystem teaming with an abundance of wildlife.
In case of high winds or coastal weather:
Inland fresh water exploration. With a few options to choose from our paddle will range from old florida cypress eco systems to clear water springs with opportunity to paddle with manatee, monkeys, birds and all the wildlife that calls Florida Home.
Wellness & Adventure Activities are scheduled through the week and can include:
- Yoga Sessions
- Paddle Surfing & Surfing Sessions
- Sunrise & Sunset
432 South 8th Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Kayak retreat dates
October 5th – 8th
November 9th – 12th
December 7th – 10th
Due to covid we have Updated guest lodging for a safe and COMFORTABLE stay for you, your friends and family.
- Retreat guests book own lodging providing the perfect accommodations for your group and budget.
- Lodging partners include Amelia Island hotels, BnB’s, and condo rentals.
- Tent and RV camping is available at either the Fort Clinch State Park or Talbot Island State Park from $26/night.
- For more information about lodging partners and options for you and your group email [email protected] or Call 904-500-8687
Due to covid we have Updated retreat Cancellation & Transfer policies.
On Every Amelia Adventure
You May Also Enjoy These Adventures…
Amelia & Cumberland Island
Private Boat Charter
Fernandina Beach & Amelia River
Cumberland Island Dungeness Ruins